For this week, I decided to build an enclosure for my pcomp project, which is a mp3 player.
The project demo:
I bought a wood container in the Container Store. I tried to dig different holes on the box based on the design of my project. I used the drill press to drill two smaller holes for the switches and one larger one for the speaker. Before I store everything into the box, I tested the circuit, and it was working. However, after I soldered everything and taped the buttons and speaker to the case like this:
the soldered part broke. So I ended up with my encloser which does not technically work. This is actually the first time I felt that it is so hard to fabricate things. When circuits are included, it is so easy to mess things up. I really hope that I can gradually become better at this by practicing building more things more often.